I’m ashamed to admit, but baking these muffins might have been the most productive thing I did all weekend…
I will say though, I love being in bed by midnight and waking up Sunday feeling well rested! Sometimes I’m totally okay with having nothing to do on the weekends and being unproductive. That’s what the weekend is for, right?
I came home from church this morning feeling motivated to find a healthy snack that was easy to make. I always like having a little something at work around 10am that will hold me over between breakfast and lunch.
These muffins took under 30 minutes from start to finish, and make the perfect mid-day (or breakfast) snack!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Serves: 12 muffins
1 large beaten egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 grated apple
1 1/2 cups plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 pinch of salt
- Spray your muffin pan and preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine your dry ingredients: oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine your wet ingredients: egg, applesauce, greek yogurt, vanilla and grated apple.
- Combine all ingredients making sure everything is mixed thoroughly.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 cups and top with oats to finish.
- Pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the top of the muffin is hard.
Leave a Reply